What could be a more incredible and beautiful way to end my "Paris in the Springtime" expedition than an intimate photo session with the nude superstars of the world wide web: Luba and Marketa together. Ukrainian and Czech beauty mixed and stirred like you have never seen before. What a cocktail!
It was a pleasure working with two such professional and natural models, and you can see from the images that they had a great time. It was playful, erotic, sensual and very intimate, as members can see from the sneak preview in the right column.
This trip did not quite go as expected. It was supposed to have been one of our regular photo journeys, though a little extended, but we actually ended up becoming Parisians and will be back at the end of the summer in our new Paris loft: an ideal combination of fresh breezes from the Atlantic ocean in the summer and hard core city perfume when the leaves begin to fall. I always make decisions quickly. Sometimes I regret them, but not often, and I have no regrets about living in Paris.
After 3 months in the City of Light it makes you dwell on certain issues. I am going to be honest, short and simple in my reflections.
1. It was an instant relief to find in Paris an artistic and romantic pulse. I was warmly welcomed by fellow artists and it is a great pleasure to have a base in a city where your work is appreciated and I do not have to defend my images and what I stand for. This is the city of artistry and love.
2. I believe Paris today is living - at least in part - on a myth... the myth of past-glamorous times, and the city has, in my opinion, for the moment lost the race against cities like London, Tokyo and New York when it comes to high end development and adapting to our time. But what Paris lacks in the state of the art thinking it compensates for with romanticism.
3. Paris has the best chocolateries in the world.
4. Paris has the worst taxi service in the world.
5. Paris offers unsurpassed fashion for women... too bad no one can add some sexiness to the street picture by wearing a short skirt or show some cleavage, because she will then be constantly grabbed and verbally attacked...oddly, not by the Parisian men, who do have an eye for a pretty girl, not by the tourists, be they conservative English or beer-swilling Germans (and Norwegians) but...how can I put this as I feel my blood racing from a mixture of embarrassment and anger, where are the right words? There are, and this is a truth, my friends, a lot of immigrants who make life an absolute misery for every pretty girl. And what I would like to say, as an ignorant Viking from the Northern fjords, is lay off, they don't like it, I don't like it. It does nothing for racial harmony or city harmony. Just be nice. Okay. I am a visitor in this country. YOU are a visitor in the country. This is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Respect it. And people will respect YOU. That's the rant.
6. I was hoping to convince more French women to pose for my camera... is it my bad French or are French women more prudish than their reputation...? I guess the future will answer that question.
Thank you Paris for this episode in our life. It has been a great pleasure meeting you and we will be back to see you all dressed in winter clothes. So, dear reader, till then.
Have a nude summer.
Petter and Luba